Rapid Hardening Cement
Crocodile Plug is an excellent choice for patching and sealing basements, piers, dams, mines, pipes, tunnels, tanks, reservoirs, canals, swimming pools, pilings, wall and panel junctions, and many other areas.
Standard : ASTM C109
Color : Grey
Packaging : 4.5 kg/bucket, 1 kg/bucket
Crocodile Plug is a ready-mixed, highly-accelerated underwater cement, scientifically designed for quick repair work of concrete subject to hydrostatic pressure, active leaks, or underwater conditions. Plug sets quickly while bonding to the surface and expanding to rapidly block the flow of water. Use as a permanent patching material above or below grade. Plug’s quick set, non-shrink characteristic, and high bond strength properties make it an excellent mortar for anchoring ornamental iron, bolts, posts, and dowels. Plug can be used to patch roadways, bridge decks, freezer rooms, and other surfaces at temperatures below 0°C. At these temperatures, many patching materials are unusable or require expensive and time-consuming attention. The catalytic reaction which produces the highly accelerated setting time for Plug generates enough heat to assure a secure
surface bond. Plug, when properly applied will provide permanent, watertight seals that will not corrode or decompose.
• To ensure proper bonding, patch area must be free of all contaminants such as oil, grease, from release, dust and other foreign matter.
• For underwater applications, bonding area should be free of surface film or algae.
• Roughen surface area with wire brush, chisel, or other mechanical means. Remove any loose or weakened concrete and mortar.
• If crack is less than 1 inch. in width or depth, widen or rout to this dimension. Best results will be attained if the inner portion of the crack is under cut so that the depth of the crack is wider than the surface opening. This allows a keying to occur enabling Plug to expand and resist high water pressures.
Proportion of Mixing
Crocodile Plug 5 parts : Water 1 part (by volume)
• Use of rubber gloves
• Mix Plug in a clean container with fresh, uncontaminated water.
• Once water has been added, mix until material has attained a putty-like consistency. Shape the material to a form similar to the crack or cavity about to be repaired.
• Mixing time should not exceed two minutes.
• Never mix more than can be used within three minutes. Do not additional water or retemper.
• Optimum water temperature is approximately 21°C. Mix with cold water to increase working time.
1. Apply immediately when Plug has achieved a stiff consistency and is shaped to fill the crack area.
2. Force the material into the crack or cavity, compressing it firmly using a gloved palm, trowel, wood block, or other flat object.
3. Hold it in place for over a minute. If there is a strong water flow hold for 2-3 minutes.
4. Shave off excess material with the edge of a trowel.
5. For long, leaking, vertical cracks, patch with successive small amounts of Plug, starting at the top of the crack. Install a diverter pip with a valve to control high volume leaks, during patching.
For anchoring bolts, posts, dowels, etc., drill hole deep enough and large
enough to allow 1/2 in. (13 mm) clearance around fixture. Mix to a putty
consistency and fill hole, then tap fixture firmly into place. Keep damp for
15 minutes. Do not apply excessive pressure for several hours.
• Cement may cause injury to skin or eyes. Use of rubber gloves, dust masks, eye protection, and other safety equipment is recommended.
• If contact with eyes occurs, flush immediately and repeatedly with water, and then contact doctor immediately.
• Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling.
• Keep out of reach of children
It should be kept in a dry place and the temperature is not too high to avoid product’s degradation. Age of product is 1 year